11.4.15

A.R. Ammons. Ommateum, 26.


In the wind my rescue is
the whorls of it
       like winged tufts of dreams
bearing
      through the forms of nothingness
      the gyres and hurricane eyes
the seed safety
      of multiple origins.

I set it my task
to gather the stones of earth
      into one place
the water modeled sand modeled stones
from
      the water images
      of riverbeds in draught
from the boundaries of the mind
from
      sloping farms
      and altitudes of ice and
to mount upon the highest stone
a cardinal
chilled in the altitude of song.

But the wind has sown loose dreams
in my eyes
      and telling unknown tongues
drown me out beyond the land's end
      and rising in long
parabolas of bliss
born me safety
from all those ungathered stones.



** Archie Randolph Ammons (febrero 18, 1926 – febrero 25, 2001): poeta y ensayista. Entre su vasta obra poética destaca: Ommateum, with Doxology (1955), Corsons Inlet (1965), Uplands (1970), Sumerian Vistas (1987). La última compilación de su poesía corrió a cargo de David Lehman (Selected Poems, 2006).  

No hay comentarios.: